31.10.12

Thrifting with The Fashion Kidd

I'm an avid thrift shopper. I mainly shop at Value Village but enjoy other stores like Bibles, Goodwill and Salvation Army from time to time. What draws me to thrift is the unique pieces I find. Each piece is one-of-a-kind and has a story behind it. I love when an item looks like it has history behind it. Another plus to thrifting is the price. It's so much cheaper than mall shopping and a lot of the items are vintage, in good condition and are truly different. 


The Eye


Like with anything, to be good at it, you need to have a skill or natural ability for it. With thrift shopping, it's possessing "The Eye". The ability to skim through an entire thrift store and pick up the cream of the crop, really is a skill that must be learnt. With time, you eventually learn which racks to prioritize, which colours and textures to look out for, and how to spot flaws in the items as well. To be a good thrift shopper also means that you know you'll need at least an hour and that finding and trying on items, takes time. 



This video is about my most recent finds at Value Village. Enjoy: 



Video shot by me and edited by Jonathan Lindsay. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous - I just don't have the thrifting gene and so wish I did!

    Kate xo petite-adventures.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ LAURA KIDD | BLOG DESIGN BY KOTRYNABASSDESIGN